Making Global Connections
International Trade Partnerships with the Pacific Northwest
What is SRTA?
SRTA (Southwest Regional Trade Alliance) is the bridge between the southwest region of Washington State and international markets, especially the Chinese and Asian market.
We connect international businesses with the economic resources in our region and we provide support to help them compete and grow.
In addition, we connect businesses throughout our region with international markets, providing support to help them export into new, international markets.
What do we offer?
- Provide the “marketing bridge” to create business partnerships with Asian clients
- Introduction of product material to the international market place
- Promoting and introduction member’s enterprises and their products and services
- Seek and find supply chains to align with buyer expectations
- Negotiate contractual terms and be the interface for all transactions
- Maintain client confidentiality and intellectual property rights
- Utilize letter of intent (LOI) agreements to solidify client terms and final sales agreements
- Create business introductions and communication channels through our Asia market network
- Utilize our in-house Chinese and Mandarin expertise to maximize the translation and communication process
- Retained professional staff with business expertise and reputation in the Chinese market
- Regional and local business presence in Shanghai and Beijing
- Direct line of communication to business and government leaders in many Chinese cities and districts
- Meeting facilitation and translation services.
- Preparing business materials for meetings and presentations.
- Coordinating and scheduling all travel arrangements when requested.
How do we assist our Clients?
- Identify real estate investment opportunities
- Provide ongoing communication during contract and transaction process
- Prepare draft and final Letter of Intent (LOI) and agreement for execution between both parties
- Complete due diligence in accordance with the signed LOI
- Coordinate and meet with potential lenders to assist with financial lending of the transaction
- Coordinate and arrange face to face meetings and site tours of development property
- Provide financial analyses summary
- Identify the investment risk and potential return on investments
- Coordinate with client legal team in support of the business acquisition and/or development purchase
- Coordinate the transaction process and recommend local title company and experts to finalize the transaction
- Provide 90 days ongoing consultation and business coaching following the acquisition and/or purchase
What do we offer?
- Provide marketing services for all colleges in the southwest region of Washington State
- Represent both US and Asia Colleges to build relationships
- Coordinate with local colleges to:
- assist with long term exchange students program
- assist with short term summer program
- provide orientation services to all students
- Develop one-on-one study abroad planning program for all students
- Provide assistance in completing international application materials for the universities or colleges
- Assist in visa application for all international students
How do we assist our Clients?
- Develop WeChat and online presence to Asia market
- Produce bilingual product sheets & promotional material
- Edit and publish market materials for members
- Create landing page and product material for WeChat business subscriptions
- Develop QR code interface for quick summary of product and client services
- Develop market strategy for export of products
- Established office presence in Shanghai for convenient access to the government and business regulations
- International office location provides landing area for business meetings, and local market presence
- USA regional representation through Economic development Councils and State trade Delegation
- Organizing trade delegations to participate in international or domestic exhibition fairs
- Providing culture, business, and legal training services for members
- Focused language curriculum to enhance clients communication and presentation skills
- 10-week language course focused on business etiquette, language speaking skills, and cultural awareness
What makes us successful?
- Provide design interface and senior consultation
- Assemble technical project delivery teams
- Assist with China and USA business practices
- Solidify teaming relationships and client contracts
- Identify supply chain and leading industry products for commercial, industrial and residential projects
- Lead liaison with Chinese partners and USA delivery teams
- Overall project management, consultation and project closeout procedures
- Liaison with local, state and federal agencies
Located about an hour south of Seattle, Olympia and beyond is the home of Washington State’s capitol and the seat of the State government.
In addition to welcoming business growth, the southwest region offers central access to some of Washington’s most beautiful features and rich cultural histories.
Whatever brings you here, there is something for everyone.
In the past year, our community has received national recognition as a desirable place to live. In 2017, Olympia ranked 4th on Livability’s “Best Places to Live” citing indicators such as economics, housing, amenities, infrastructure, demographics, social and civic capital, education, and healthcare.
In 2018, National Geographic recognized Olympia as one of “The Best Cities in the United States.” The Olympia and the surrounding region supports a high quality of life, low cost of living, and access to recreational amenities.
Who Operates Here?
The southwest region of Washington State is home to a growing and thriving economy, recognized as a major distribution hub by companies such as Amazon, Target, Trader Joe’s, and Whole Foods.
The southwest region of Washington State offers convenient access to the metropolitan areas of Seattle, WA and Portland, OR.
While accessible to these larger markets, the southwest region offers an affordable alternative to the more crowded and costly regions in Washington State.
- Ocean Shores
The International Business Development Center (IBDC) is a collaborative partnership between SRTA and various Washington State public entities to provide resources, education, and connections for companies looking to establish business operations in the Southwest Region of Washington State and in international markets.
The IBDC is a resource center where both international companies and U.S. companies can join to make their international business connections.
PartnersIBDC partners include the Economic Development Councils of Thurston, Mason, Grays Harbor, Lewis, and Pacific Counties in Washington State, as well as the Port of Olympia.
SRTA identifies import/export business and investment opportunities resulting in regional economic growth.
If you’re ready to join us on our mission, we’re waiting to hear from you:
Who We Are
SRTA was established to form a team of thought leaders and experts in their respective fields. We look forward to meeting you.